The process of patch management has become uncomplicated over the years. Gone are the days of manually downloading the updates from respective vendor websites and tediously distributing across network.
Automation is the key. Schedule and relax.
The process calls for certain best practices to be followed in defining patch management policies.
We bring you these best practices that can help network administrators and end users be more efficient and productive.
Download the free ebook now and patch your network computers to safety!
A quick view of security patching best practices
- Automate patch management - especially for security updates
- Use a 'Critical updates first' approach
- Server patch management best practice: periodically scan and update
- Upgrade OSs to their latest versions
- Evaluate patches in a test environment before distributing
- Make it two deployments a week - Schedule auto deployments
- Create more configurations to suit business requirements
- Re-attempt failed patches
- Generate detailed patch summary reports
- Cover patch management in a heterogeneous environment