Scan Systems for Inventory
To get the inventory details of the systems, the following conditions have to be met:
- The systems should be added in the Scope of Management
- The systems have to be scanned at least once. You can also configure periodic scanning of systems to get an updated information.
- The systems to be scanned should have WMI Service running and DCOM enabled.
Steps to Enable DCOM
To Enable DCOM in computers which have Windows XP or above OS versions
- Select Start > Run
- Type DCOMCNFG in the text field
- Click OK
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties
- Select Default Properties tab
- Check the box "Enable Distributed COM on this machine"
- Press OK
Scan Systems Manually
To Scan the systems manually, follow the steps below:
- Click the Inventory tab to view the Inventory Summary
- Click the Scan Systems link from the left pane available under Actions / Settings.
- This will list all the systems that are available under the Scope of Management. Select the systems to be scanned for inventory and click Scan System. To scan all the systems, click Scan All.
The systems will be scanned and the status of the scanning gets updated under the Scan Status column.
- If you do not find the system here, check whether you have added the system under the Scope of Management
- Check the Agent Status of all the systems; it should be "Agent Installed". For systems with the status as "Not Installed" or "Agent Installation Failed", inventory scanning cannot be performed. You need to reinstall the agents in these systems before scanning them for getting the inventory details.
- If you get an error as WMI Service is not running, start the WMI Service in the system and try scanning again.
- If you get an error as Asset Scanning is locked, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you get an error as DCOM not enabled, enable DCOM and try scanning again.