How does Desktop Central help in Windows desktop management?
Desktop Central supports the following features to simplify Windows computer management in your enterprise:
- Automated Patch Management: Mitigate security risks by automating patch and service pack deployments.
- Hardware Inventory: Scan the systems periodically to get complete hardware details of Windows computers like hard disk, network adapters, physical memory, processors etc.
- Software Inventory: A complete list of all the software details, like the software name, version, manufacturer details etc.
- Software License Management: Manage all the software licenses of your Windows computers by category. It provides the compliant (including over-licensed software) and non-compliant(under-licensed) software used in the network.
- Prohibit Software: Detect and prohibit the use of software in accordance with the company policies.
- Warranty Management: Effective Windows administration by tracking the warranty information of the Windows computers managed by your organization.
- Automated Software Deployment: Simplify software deployment with over 2000 built-in application templates for package creation, for Windows alone.
- Remote Access for troubleshooting: Collaborative Windows computer management by troubleshooting and controlling remote desktops with file transfer, video recording, and more.
- Predefined Configurations: Over 30 predefined configurations to configure windows applications, system settings, desktop settings and security policies.
- Power Management: Apply power schemes, shut down inactive computers and other power management techniques.
- USB Device Management: Restrict, control and audit the usage of USB devices in your network.
- Advanced built-in reports: Out-of-the-box reports on server management and desktop management.
Which Windows OS versions are supported by Desktop Central?
Desktop Central can manage the following versions of Windows systems
What is Windows Management?
Windows OS dominates the PC market due to its ease of use, compatibility and customizability. This is not only true for individual users, but also for enterprises. In order to simplify Windows administration, system administrators need a tool that automates day-to-day Windows computer management tasks such as patch management, software deployment, etc. Desktop Central helps administrators automate Windows desktop management by automating routine windows management tasks and giving IT admins complete control and visibility on their network.