- What is help desk software?
- What are the types of help desk software?
- What are the differences between a help desk and a service desk?
- What are the features of help desk software? (Free checklist attached)
- What are the benefits of help desk ticketing software?
- Why is a help desk important for your business?
- How does help desk software work in different industries? (Workflow attached)
- How do you choose help desk software that works for you?
- How do you measure help desk metrics and KPIs?
- What are some best practices to improve your help desk performance?
- What are the benefits of automating routing help desk activities?
- Why do organizations need an integrated help desk software?
- What are the key challenges IT help desks teams are likely to face?
- What's the future of help desk support?
What's the future of help desk support?
As has always been the case with help desks, it will be shaped by upcoming technologies and the needs of technicians and end users.
Based on the challenges discussed earlier, including business, user needs, and technological changes, there are a few different ways IT help desk can evolve:
Personalized self-service across multiple platforms
With the advent of consumer-centric practices in the business-to-consumer (B2C) arena, the end users of tomorrow will expect equal quality of service from their IT teams.
As a response, IT teams can leverage technologies like gamification and artificial intelligence to create a personalized self-service experience that is consistent across all channels.
Cognitive automation of help desks
Going a step further from simple process automation, the help desks of the future can use advancements in machine learning technology to implement cognitive automation in their help desks. Cognitive automation will speed up the time it takes to identify and solve issues.
Proactive identification and resolution
Another upcoming technology is the Internet of Things (IoT). It can link any and all IoT-enabled "things," creating a virtually limitless network.
With the help of IoT sensors, IT teams can monitor device performance, and automatically report impending issues. These issues can then be solved proactively, mitigating the risk of downtime.
Intuitive insights into help desk performance
Reporting and analytics are a crucial part of ITSM as it exists today. Looking forward, help desk software will try to leverage big data technology to capture more data points and analyze them for better efficiency.
The ability to study a higher volume of data generated in IT operations will empower IT teams to make more informed decisions and achieve optimum performance levels.
IT help desk software evaluation kit
An exclusive package of a feature checklist and a request for proposal (RFP) template
Comprehensive list of must-have features that you can use as a benchmark
A guide to a great RFP that helps you get all the information you need about a vendor